The Gateway Community College Foundation, an independent 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, was created to support the College's mission and institutional goals through philanthropic support.
"There is nothing more rewarding in life than giving students a real opportunity to demonstrate how far they can go. Gateway's students are tremendously deserving of that choice, and their hard work and achievements are inspiring. I am grateful Gateway provides excellent ways to make a difference."
Bill Curran, Philanthropist and Community Leader
Gifts to the Foundation, which are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law, help ensure Gateway Community College has the resources to remain a leading institution of higher education.
The Foundation asks its donors to imagine life without Gateway Community College, and it’s impossible. There is no mission in higher education that’s more important than the community college mission. Community colleges through their Foundations provide resources and opportunities for education and training that would otherwise be unavailable. As the workforce seeks more equitable and diverse educated workers with a certificate or an Associate’s degree, the demands for community college education are growing as is securing essential funding.
Gateway Community College, the largest of the state’s 12 community colleges, is committed to closing the equity and achievement gap, and to improve success among students from underserved communities and historically underrepresented in higher education. A system as inclusive as the Connecticut Community Colleges must strive to achieve both inclusivity and excellence.
Making a gift to the Gateway Community College Foundation is just one way that you can have a positive impact on the lives of our Gateway students irrespective of their background and life circumstances. Gifts to the Gateway Foundation are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law and help ensure that students are able to bridge the financial gap between the cost of a Gateway education and their own, often limited resources.
Contributions that directly support students, faculty and staff - through scholarships, annual fund, planned giving and other program opportunities - are indispensable, and often life-changing, immediately and long-term. In the classrooms and labs of Gateway Community College, the impact is plainly evident. Higher education is within reach because of donors determined to make an enduring difference.
Moving beyond race and economic status to closing equity gaps provides a framework to better understand the complexity of equity gaps at Gateway as we reflect on the differential support required to ensure all students succeed. These special commitments can help sustain tomorrow’s students, ensuring Gateway’s lasting impact on generations to come.
Ways to Make A Gift
- Supporting students through the Annual Fund.
- Establishing an enduring gift of education through an Endowment Fund.
- Supporting specifically designated academic programs, and technology and equipment by participating in one of the Foundation’s numerous scholarships.
- Gifts of Cash - Mail your gift to: Gateway Community College Foundation, 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510. Make checks payable to the Gateway Community College Foundation and designate your gift in the MEMO line of your check.
- Credit Card and Recurring Gifts - Call us and we’ll take your credit card information over the phone.
- Gifts Online - Donate now and make a one-time or recurring credit card gift.
- Pledges - Make a pledge and fulfill your commitment over 3 or 5 years. (Minimum gift commitment required.).
- Gifts of Stock or Securities - transfer stocks or securities.